About the Webinar
The Global Credit Risk Manager must develop a broad understanding of the concept of "Global risk." In this session, we look at the elements of risk in the extension to and acceptance of credit by a customer.
- Best practices to measure global volatility
- Major factors (country, currency, culture) in assessing global risk
- Having a well-defined international credit policy
- Effect of globalization on international business climate and risk assessment process
- Six Ps of Credit—people, profit, payment, protection, politics, perspective
- How political risk creates lack of stability—resources available to address this
- Cyber-security and fraud—protective policies
- Measuring and analyzing variables with metrics
- Best international scorecards and metrics—key information
- Matching and aligning technological resources in your operating systems
- Banking and financial tools, communications to adapt to changes in technology
- Interpret numbers and maximize system solutions to understand global volatility
International Credit Professionals, Trade Finance Professionals, Export Compliance Professionals, Exporters, Importers, Sales Managers, Purchasing Managers, Customs Brokers, Attorneys, International Bankers, Trade Advisors & Consultants.
Leonel A. Torrejón, ICCE, CC
Director, Credit & Collections
CuraScript Specialty Distribution
Leonel Torrejon has over 17 years delivering value-added leadership in Credit, A/R Collections management for domestic and international markets. Currently the director of credit and collections at CuraScript SD, he has enjoyed senior leadership roles in process improvements and product development business solutions in the areas of credit risk management, customer retention and revenue growth. Leonel is an expert in developing scorecards and predictive metrics to forecast credit risk and opportunities and has lending underwriting expertise in addition to methodology in credit risk-reward practices that open up revenue opportunities. He was previously employed in various credit-related positions with companies such as the American Hotel Register, OfficeMax and BP.
Leonel is on the D&B National Advisory Counsel, Education Committee and has been a frequent presenter for NACM and FCIB where he holds the CICP and ICCE certifications. He has also been a trainer, mentor and author of the several educational sessions and is a member of Toastmasters. He is fluent in Spanish and has a working knowledge of Portuguese.