Date: November 2-3, 2011
Time: 09:00am EST -- What time is this for me?
This 2-day webinar will provide you with need-to-know information, tips and resources on how to effectively conduct business in Australia. The instructor, David Cains, director – Australian partner, Global Credit Solutions, Ltd., will begin with an introduction to the country and culture, followed by a description of how to effectively do business with customers and ensure payment, mitigate risks on credit sales into Australia and what steps can be taken against buyers who default. At the end of the webinar, there will be an opportunity to get answers to any questions you may still have.
Topics to be covered include:
- Geographic Background
- Government Overview
- Court & Legal System – levels of courts, types of proceedings
- Australian Imports & Exports
- Due Diligence Procedures
- Paperwork – credit application, contract with conditions of sale, import/export required documentation and payment methods and terms
- Collection Actions
- Mediation, Debt Dispute Resolution and Other Legal Actions
- Helpful Hints
- Questions & Answers
Earn CICP Points for Participating
Certified International Credit Professionals (CICP's) will earn 1 professional development point for participation in this FCIB Webinar.
Is your credit team certified? Learn more about the most prestigious professional designation in the field of International Credit and Risk Management.
FCIB Member: $195 (total for both sessions)
Non-Member: $295 (total for both sessions)
Registration Fees Include:
- One telephone and web connection at one physical location.
- Unlimited number of participants from the same company at the same physical location (all participants must be registered to receive the Certificate of Attendance).
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Registration fees, less a $50 processing fee will be refunded for written cancellations received 7 days before the program start date. No refunds for cancellations within 7 days of the program start date. Substitutions are permitted.
Certificate of Attendance
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
For additional participants* who will be joining the webinar on the same computer as the main registrant, please use this form.
*All Additional Participants must be received before the start of the webinar to receive the Certificate and earn CICP points-if applicable.