- The State of Foreign Exchange Markets Globally
- March 07 2014 12.00pm
How does the FX exchange market assist in facilitating international trade and investment? What impact can FX speculation have on the value of currencies, based on the interest rate differential between currencies?
Join Speaker Kevin Hebner and other FCIB Members for a one-hour discussion on the:
- intricacies of the "interbank market”
- impact of rapid and large flows of "hot money" on currency values
- changes in interest rates, GDP growth, FX reserve balances, trade surplus/deficit balances, current account balances, large cross-border mergers and other economic conditions.
- recent global "sovereignty" issues and how they have impacted the currency values and currency availability of specific countries
FCIB Member: Free
Senior Foreign Exchange Strategist
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Prior to his position at JPMorgan, Kevin was a global investment strategist and partner at Third Wave Global Investors, a global macro hedge fund based in Greenwich, Connecticut. From 1999 to 2004, he was a global investment strategist and managing director at Credit Suisse Asset Management, Japan, and was UBS’s Japan strategist from 1996 to 1999.
Kevin holds a PhD in financial economics from Queen’s University, Canada.
Instructions to join the teleconference will be sent to the registrant's email address the day before.
Remember! please log-in at least 15 minutes prior to the teleconference commencing to ensure ample time for technical assistance if needed.
This webinar accounts for 2 Participation and 2 Education Point toward ICCE accreditation/recertification.
EventList powered by schlu.net