This one-hour session plus Q & A will give you all the important information and tools to understand Mexico’s new non-possessory pledge. The “pledge” is an agreement that creates a security interest in movable assets of the debtor to guarantee payment of an obligation.
PLEDGES features—advantages and risks
- Applies to present and future collateral and proceeds
- Purchase Money Security Interest (PMSI) is available and preference is given to creditors in addition to allowing loans or sale of goods to debtors with encumbered assets
- Can cover future advances or obligations
- Perfection by electronic filing with the advantages of expedited process, no charge, a central database and notice filing as apposed to transaction filing
- Enforcement through special proceeding including immediate repossession, limited defenses and shorter process and presumptions benefiting creditor
- Enforcement of security rights in receivables
- Pledge agreement has to be executed in writing
- Hard to prove underlying claim
- Private repossession not available
- Limitations of special proceeding in repossession and sale of collateral
- May have to resort to bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings
|by April 2
|after April 2
Registration Fees Include
One telephone and web connection at one physical location
Romelio Hernandez is president of HMH Legal, a Mexican professional corporation specializing in credit and collection services. He works extensively with foreign exporting companies and collection agencies assisting with their out-of-court and legal collection efforts throughout Mexico. His sixteen years of litigation experience and exposure to international commercial law has allowed him to provide guidance to foreign companies in mitigating the various risks of selling internationally. Romelio graduated from Universidad Autónoma de Baja California and was admitted to practice law in Mexico in 1997. He also holds a Masters Degree in Comparative Law from the University of San Diego School of Law.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Registration fees, less a $50 processing fee will be refunded for written cancellations received 7 days before the program start date. No refunds for cancellations within 7 days of the program start date. Substitutions are permitted.
Certificate of Attendance
Participants who attend this webinar will receive a Certificate of Attendance. For additional participants from the same company as the main registrant, please use this form. *All additional participants must be received before the start of the webinar to receive the Certificate.
Instructions to join the Webinar will be sent to the main registrant's email address the day before. Remember! please log-in at least 15 minutes prior to the webinar commencing to ensure ample time for technical assistance if needed.
This webinar accounts for (2) Participation and (2) Education Points toward ICCE accreditation/recertification.