- Fundamentals of International Payment Methods – FCIB Executive Development Webinar Series
- 01/17/2012 - 01/18/2012 09:00am EST - 10:00am EST
Date: January 17-18, 2012
Time: 9:00 am EST What time is this for me?
Webinar at a glance
Topics to be covered:
International Payment Methods
- Making Open Account Terms Work
- Understanding the Risks Involved
- Credit Insurance
- Factoring and Forfeiting
- Doing Your Homework
- Documentary Collections - Understanding How to Use Them Correctly
- Controlling Documents
- When and When Not to use Collections
- Rules for Documentary Collections
- Letters of Credit - Why They Are Still Around and How To Take the Mystery Out of Using Them
- Understanding How They Work
- Contracts, Parties and Banks Involved
- Types of Credits
- Commercial vs. Standby Credits
- Why the Need for Confirmed Credits
- Tricks to Ensure the Buyer will Issue a Good Credit
- Tricks to Ensure Compliance to the Credit
Laura Pedersen, CDCS, CICP
Global Banking Officer for First National Bank of Omaha
Laura Pedersen has 34 years in the international arena, holding a CDCS (Certified Documentary Credit Specialist) certification and a CICP (Certified International Credit Professional) certification. Laura attended the University of Nebraska, and for over 19 years managed the international department for a large manufacturing company, where she oversaw international credit and collections, international shipping and documentation, and international order entry and customer service. With Laura’s extensive background in all aspects of international trade, Laura has been working with companies for over fourteen years now helping them to facilitate their international transactions (both importing and exporting).
Laura is a past president, and past advisory board member, of MITA (the Midwest International Trade Association of Nebraska), and a past advisory board member of FCIB (Finance Credit for International Business – the international arm of NACM – National Association of Credit Managers). As a Junior Achievement volunteer, Laura teaches classes on international business to many public and parochial school students. Laura regularly presents seminars and workshops throughout the country, on International Payment Terms, Letters of Credit, Incoterms, Export Documentation and Procedures, and Export Regulations, as well as “in-house” workshops for many companies. Laura is a regular speaker at the Denver World Trade Center, FCIB working seminars, and many other industry conferences. For over four years, Laura published a monthly/quarterly newsletter relating to international topics.
FCIB Member: $195 (total for both sessions)
Non-Member: $295 (total for both sessions)
Registration Fees Include:
- One telephone and web connection at one physical location.
- Unlimited number of participants from the same company at the same physical location (all participants must be registered to receive the Certificate of Attendance).
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Registration fees, less a $50 processing fee will be refunded for written cancellations received 7 days before the program start date. No refunds for cancellations within 7 days of the program start date. Substitutions are permitted.
Certificate of Attendance
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
For additional participants* who will be joining the webinar on the same computer as the main registrant, please use this form.
*All Additional Participants must be received before the start of the webinar to receive the Certificate and earn CICP points-if applicable.
EventList powered by schlu.net