- Advanced Letters of Credit – FCIB Executive Development Webinar Series
- January 31 2012 - February 02 2012 9.00am - 10.00am
Advance Letters of Credit - Use an Unconventional Approach to Traditional Letter of Credit Terms
Date: January 31 - February 2, 2012
Time: 9:00 am EST What time is this for me?
Webinar at a glance:
Use Letters of Credit to your advantage. Uncover the secrets of complying with Letters of Credit. Learn when letters of credit are most appropriately used and how to use them effectively. Discover when NOT to use a letter of credit. Learn the tricks of the trade and what banks are looking for when they examine the documents on a Letter of Credit. Understanding the intricate parts of a Letter of Credit (what to expect and not to expect) will help you make an “informed” payment term decision.
|DAY 1 (60 minutes)||DAY 2 (60 minutes)||DAY 3 (60 minutes)|
Topics that will be covered
- Learn how to use Letters of Credit to your advantage, rather than thinking of them as a pain
- Take a look at the critical parts of a credit
- Learn how to make the credit less complex and easier to comply with
- Find out what banks are looking at when they examine your documents
- Understand what "Negotiation" means
- Know the difference between a "restricted" LC and a "freely negotiable" LC
- Understand the different letter of credit payment types ("by Payment", by Deferred Payment, "by Acceptance" and "by Negotiation") and how they affect your payment
- Find out how "Discounted" Letters of Credit can offer terms to your customers, yet pay you immediately
- Financing with a letter of credit – how it works
- Discover how to get paid quickly on your LC
- Discover why the availability of a credit and the expiry place are important
- Learn the rules that govern letters of Credit (UCP600, ISP98, Bank to Bank Reimbursements)
- Discover what rules might affect your transactions
- Know the rules for partial shipments and drawings and installment shipments
- Understand how to read the SWIFT MT700 letter of credit format
- Walk through actual letter of credit transactions
Laura Pedersen, CDCS, CICP
Global Banking Officer for First National Bank of Omaha
Laura Pedersen has 34 years in the international arena, holding a CDCS (Certified Documentary Credit Specialist) certification and a CICP (Certified International Credit Professional) certification. Laura attended the University of Nebraska, and for over 19 years managed the international department for a large manufacturing company, where she oversaw international credit and collections, international shipping and documentation, and international order entry and customer service. With Laura’s extensive background in all aspects of international trade, Laura has been working with companies for over fourteen years now helping them to facilitate their international transactions (both importing and exporting).
Laura is a past president, and past advisory board member, of MITA (the Midwest International Trade Association of Nebraska), and a past advisory board member of FCIB (The Finance, Credit and International Business Association – the international arm of NACM – National Association of Credit Managers). As a Junior Achievement volunteer, Laura teaches classes on international business to many public and parochial school students. Laura regularly presents seminars and workshops throughout the country, on International Payment Terms, Letters of Credit, Incoterms, Export Documentation and Procedures, and Export Regulations, as well as “in-house” workshops for many companies. Laura is a regular speaker at the Denver World Trade Center, FCIB working seminars, and many other industry conferences. For over four years, Laura published a monthly/quarterly newsletter relating to international topics.
FCIB Member: $295 (total for all sessions)
Non-Member: $395 (total for all sessions)
Registration Fees Include:
- One telephone and web connection at one physical location.
- Unlimited number of participants from the same company at the same physical location (all participants must be registered to receive the Certificate of Attendance).
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Registration fees, less a $50 processing fee will be refunded for written cancellations received 7 days before the program start date. No refunds for cancellations within 7 days of the program start date. Substitutions are permitted.
Certificate of Attendance
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
For additional participants* who will be joining the webinar on the same computer as the main registrant, please use this form.
*All Additional Participants must be received before the start of the webinar to receive the Certificate and earn CICP points-if applicable.
EventList powered by schlu.net