- Incoterms – FCIB Executive Development Webinar Series
- 03/13/2012 - 03/15/2012 09:00am EST - 10:00am EST
Webinar at a glance
Incoterms 2010 came into effect on January 1, 2011. The revision was an important step in helping international trade professionals avoid misunderstandings - saving businesses both time and money.
This 3-day webinar provides an extensive overview to help you gain a better understanding of what Incoterms are, how to comply with the the Incoterms 2010 rules, and how to use them correctly in your trade transactions (including both import and export transactions regardless of the payment terms).
Whether you are an experienced veteran in international transactions looking to polish your knowledge or you are new to the international arena and want to learn more, this webinar teaches the essentials for successfully trading into the 21st century.
Who Should Attend:
DAY 1 (60 minutes)
- Discover the background of Incoterms
- Understand how Incoterms are used in trade transactions
- Learn how to know when to use which Incoterm
- Discover how Incoterms affect payment terms and title to the goods
- Find out how Contracts work with Incoterms
- Learn about Total Transportation and Carriage Contracts under Incoterms
- Hear how Insurance is handled under Incoterms
- Find out how Incoterms should be stated on documents (including the Proforma Invoice)
DAY 2 (60 minutes)
- Begin with an in-depth look at all of the 11 Incoterms (which have been reduced from the original 13 - Incoterms 2000), including:
- Valuable information about each Incoterm (indicating where “delivery” takes place)
- Hoops and hurdles associated with each of the Incoterms
- The best payment term to use with each Incoterm
- Which transport document should be available for each Incoterm
- A detailed Proforma Invoice showing charges associated with each Incoterm
DAY 3 (60 minutes)
- Complete the in-depth look at each of the 11 Incoterms
- Understand the “Delivery” locations, the risks and the responsibilities for the seller under Incoterms
- Recap whether freight charges are prepaid or collect for each of the Incoterms
- Discover how to know which is the best Incoterm to use in different situations
- Review and Q&A period - get help with your specific Incoterms scenario
Laura Pedersen, CDCS, CICP
Global Banking Officer for First National Bank of Omaha
Laura Pedersen, Global Banking Officer for First National Bank of Omaha, has 34 years in the international arena, holding a CDCS (Certified Documentary Credit Specialist) certification and a CICP (Certified International Credit Professional) certification. Laura attended the University of Nebraska, and for over 19 years managed the international department for a large manufacturing company, where she oversaw international credit and collections, international shipping and documentation, and international order entry and customer service. With Laura’s extensive background in all aspects of international trade, Laura has been working with companies for over fourteen years now helping them to facilitate their international transactions (both importing and exporting).
Laura is a past president, and past advisory board member, of MITA (the Midwest International Trade Association of Nebraska), and a past advisory board member of FCIB (The Finance, Credit, and International Business Association – the international arm of NACM – National Association of Credit Managers). As a Junior Achievement volunteer, Laura teaches classes on international business to many public and parochial school students. Laura regularly presents seminars and workshops throughout the country, on International Payment Terms, Letters of Credit, Incoterms, Export Documentation and Procedures, and Export Regulations, as well as “in-house” workshops for many companies. Laura is a regular speaker at the Denver World Trade Center, FCIB working seminars, and many other industry conferences. For over four years, Laura published a monthly/quarterly newsletter relating to international topics.
Certificate of Attendance
Participants who attend all webinar sessions will receive a Certificate of Attendance. Be sure to register your additional participants!
(total for all sessions)
(total for all sessions)
Registration Fees Include:
- One telephone and web connection at one physical location
- Unlimited number of participants from the same company at the same physical location (all participants must be registered to receive the Certificate of Attendance)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Registration fees, less a $50 processing fee will be refunded for written cancellations received 7 days before the program start date. No refunds for cancellations within 7 days of the program start date. Substitutions are permitted.
This webinar accounts for 3/4 Participation and 3 Education Points toward ICCE accreditation/recertification.
EventList powered by schlu.net