Next Course Begins: October 6, 2014 - November 9, 2014
About the Course
If your company is importing or exporting products you are subject to U.S. and global regulatory compliance and controls. From the CEO to the Credit Manager to the Sales Force...compliance is everyone's responsibility and can pose a risk not only to your company, but to you personally. Non-compliance is simply NOT an option.
FCIB's unique and comprehensive 5 week online course provides vital knowledge for the export department. You will learn how to spot red flags and recognize when it is time to seek help from your company's compliance officer or legal counsel.
BEFORE Sep 6, 2014
|AFTER Sep 6, 2014
The five-week Export Regulations and Compliance online course consists of 5 modules:
- Lesson 1: Introductions
- Lesson 2: Enforcement Environment for Export Controls
- Lesson 3: An Overview of Export Controls
- Lesson 1: An Overview of Re-export Controls
- Lesson 2: Multilateral Regimes and Treaties and Export Controls around the World
- Lesson 1: The U.S. Export Control Agencies and Regulations
- Lesson 2: Commodity Jurisdiction - The Very First Question
- Lesson 3: The International Traffic in Arms Regulations
- Lesson 4: Licensing Exemptions under the ITAR
- Lesson 5: The Export Administration Regulations
- Lesson 1: License Exceptions under the EAR
- Lesson 2: EAR End-use Restriction
- Lesson 3: Blacklist Name Screening and License Determination
- Lesson 4: U.S. Embargoes and Economic Sanctions Programs
- Lesson 1: The EAR Anti-boycott Rules
- Lesson 2: Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention
- Lesson 3: UNSC Resolution 1540 and International Standards for Export Controls and Reports by Each Member State
- Lesson 4: Risks for Investment Bankers, Commercial Lenders, and Credit Managers
- Lesson 5: Establishing Effective Compliance Programs
Course Completion Requirements: Below is a list of requirements students need to meet in order to receive credit and a certificate of completion for having successfully completed the Export Regulations and Compliance online course.
- Score 70% or higher on the Module Quizzes
- Participate in the online discussion
- Complete the program evaluation
Reserve your space in the virtual classroom – class is limited to 30 students.
Senior Vice President and Manager FirstMerit Bank
International Banking Division
Craig Schurr is a senior vice president and manager of FirstMerit Bank’s International Banking Division. Craig is responsible for the overall international business activities of the bank including foreign correspondent banking, foreign exchange, trade finance and structured finance products and the sale of services to companies throughout FirstMerit Bank’s banking franchise.
Craig joined FirstMerit in 2009 and has over 44 years of experience in banking with 32 years focused solely on international banking. Previously he worked for National City Bank, Bank One, Mellon Bank, and Equibank where he held senior management positions in audit, treasury management and international banking.
Craig is a Board member of the Bankers Association for Finance and Trade, co-chair of the association’s North American Council and a member of the Northern Ohio District Export Council (NODEC). He is also a former member of the Global Council, the Advisory Board of Thunderbird, the School of Global Management in Glendale, Arizona where he is currently an adjunct professor teaching a class in Export Import Management. He enjoys working with the Financial Services Volunteer Corp and is a frequent speaker at regional and national trade association conferences.
Over his career Craig has assisted hundreds of companies throughout the United States with their global business whether it is improving payment experience for global sales through effective deployment of trade tools, enhancing performance of global sourcing operations through effective management of the financial supply chain or efficient treasury management and hedging of foreign cash operations. He co-developed and taught an all-day seminar entitled Inside Trade Finance which was designed to provide exporters with financing tools that effectively enhance and improve the profitability of international sales while enhancing relationships with global customers.
Participants earn 6 Education and 6 Participation Points towards the International Certified Credit Executive (ICCE) certification/recertification.