FCIB assists international credit and trade finance professionals in leading and conducting successful global commercial credit operations. Through education, its powerful global-reaching network, business credit intelligence and related products, services and resources, FCIB promotes best practices and ethical credit management policies. FCIB facilitates discussions and the exchange of information at meetings, conferences, round tables, proving a forum for its members to advance their knowledge and careers. Complete the FCIB membership application today!
What is FCIB?
FCIB is internationally recognized as the premier Association of Executives in Finance, Credit and International Business, providing critical export credit and collections education and insight, practical advice and intelligence to companies of all sizes.
Who Are Our Members?
FCIB’s 1,100 members from 55 countries include multinational corporations, middle market firms and SMEs who are extending trade credit around the world, sometimes in very difficult trading conditions, as well as major global financial institutions, credit insurers and software and service providers. These professionals specialize in international credit, trade finance, international risk analysis and mitigation, supply chain financing and international cash/treasury management, and engage in cross-border export transactions involving trade credit and management of global A/R portfolios.
Why Should You Join?
International credit and finance professionals are increasingly measured by their performance against the goals of increasing top line revenue, speeding cash flow (DSO), optimizing working capital (WCM), improving productivity without increasing expenses and meeting or exceeding budgeted bad debt loss targets.
By joining FCIB, you and your credit team will become a part of, and have access to, the most influential and powerful network of international finance and credit professionals who are successfully meeting the very difficult challenges of managing international A/R portfolios in our complex global economy. With a membership, you will be investing in the critically important step of staying abreast of constantly changing commercial and geopolitical risks—a step that also has far-reaching benefits for all corporates.
FCIB provides a platform and venue for you to access the cutting-edge information and best practices needed to successfully manage your order-to-cash responsibilities and to meet company revenue and profit goals.
Contact the education department for government or student rates (410-740-5560).
What Makes FCIB Different?
An FCIB membership comes with many benefits, including:
- Online education: Around-the-clock access.*
- Up-to-date knowledge: Vital, collaborative, accessible learning environment.
- Live webinars: Up-to-the minute topics of interest.*
- Live teleconferences: Free global economic outlook on a quarterly basis.
- On demand resources: All live webinars and teleconferences are recorded so every member can listen in at his or her own pace, during or after work hours.*
- Professional development records: View your progress 24/7.
- Online Courses*:
o International Credit & Risk Management Online Coursesm
o US Export Regulations & Compliance Online Coursesm
o Foreign Exchange Management Online Coursesm
- NACM Bookstore: Complete your library with a comprehensive selection of international resources.*
* Benefits offered at a reduced, discounted rate for FCIB members.
- Peer-to-peer interactions that provide the foundation to build better credit teams and strengthen a reliable network of professionals.
- Access to the most qualified international talent pool through our international job board.
- Solutions to international credit management issues in the protected FCIB Discussion Board.
- Worldwide collections and legal assistance network through FCIB’s contacts and established network of experienced reputable collection and legal professionals.
- Export industry groups that support exporters in the same fields through sharing historical information, analyzing current trade and collection issues, and best practices.
- A member-driven platform that allows members to share resources, topics and information.
- European and US Roundtables/Workshops to present current topics of interest. Topics change yearly.
- Live conferences in Europe and the US where members meet in a collaborative and educational environment.
- Business Credit magazine to keep you up-to-date on cutting-edge trends, business ethics, trade finance, asset protection, benchmarking and scoring issues.
- Weekly member newsletters to keep you informed and up-to-date on pressing issues. This added communication within the membership keeps the entire FCIB community in touch.
- Monthly international Credit & Collection surveys to give you insight into payment experience and payment methods used in individual countries by survey participants. Members have instant access to the results of collective knowledge. Information from the survey can improve DSO, help you find ways to facilitate a sale to grow your bottom line and help build relationships between sales, credit control treasury and finance.
- Access to FCIB’s Online Knowledge Center, organized into 21 different categories, with “must have” credit professional resources.
- International Credit Reports to help you “Know your Customer” at preferred prices.
- Country Risk Reports to assess the economic and political risks as you enter new markets.
- Forms and samples to help you implement strong, compliant and ethical corporate credit policy.
- Easy access to current economic, export, emerging market, FX and political risks data to help you manage a large multinational A/R portfolio.
- Industry sector updates to help you monitor global market trends quickly.
- Economic and global risk assessments released to members daily, bi-weekly and monthly.
- Member requested surveys capture information impacting global credit and allow you to examine and carry out benchmarking exercises.
- 24/7 access to on-time news feeds and review of the denied-parties list with your member subscription to the A to Z World Trade Reference.
- Direct access to global export credit agencies and export assistance programs on a global scale.
- Useful link portal to provide a quick way to access frequently used resources by professionals in international credit.