FCIB’s Webinar Series
- Incoterms - FCIB Executive Development Webinar Series
- October 09 2012 - October 10 2012 9.00am
Webinar at a glance
Date: October 9-10, 2012
Time: 9:00am - 10:00am Eastern – What time is this for me?
Incoterms 2010 came into effect on January 1, 2011. The revision was an important step in helping international trade professionals avoid misunderstandings - saving businesses both time and money.
This 2-day webinar will provide:
- An extensive overview to help you gain a better understanding of what Incoterms are
- How to comply with the Incoterms 2010 rules
- How to use them correctly in your trade transactions (including both import and export transactions regardless of the payment terms).
Whether you are an experienced credit manager dealing in international transactions and needing a refresher course or you are new to the international arena and want to learn more, this webinar teaches the essentials for successfully trading into the 21st century.
Who Should Attend?
DAY 1 (60 minutes)
- Discover the background of Incoterms with an indepth look at the various terms
- Understand how Incoterms are used in trade transactions
- Learn how to know when to use which Incoterm
- Discover how Incoterms affect payment terms and title to the goods
- Find out how contracts work with Incoterms
- Find out how Incoterms should be stated on documents (including the Proforma Invoice)
DAY 2 (60 minutes)
- Hoops and hurdles associated with each of the Incoterms
- The best payment term to use with each Incoterm
- Which transport document should be available for each Incoterm
- A detailed Proforma Invoice showing charges associated with each Incoterm
- Understand the “Delivery” locations, the risks and the responsibilities for the seller under Incoterms
- Recap whether freight charges are prepaid or collect for each of the Incoterms
- Discover which is the best Incoterm to use in different situations
- Review and Q&A period - get help with your specific Incoterms scenario
Koen Vanheusden is a Director at the Belgian Foreign Trade Agency. He advises companies on the regulatory and legal aspects of their international commercial transactions and relations (import – export – investment).
Koen was a member of the Belgian group of experts, preparing the revisions of Incoterms 1990 and 2000 and is one of ICC’s most experienced Incoterms® rules trainers.
Koen has written many publications on different aspects of international trade (sales contract, agency and distribution law, Incoterms, customs and VAT, international payment techniques) and lectures at several Belgian universities. He is Chair of the ICC Task Force on the Update of International Sales Contracts.
Registration Fees Include:
- One telephone and web connection at one physical location
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Registration fees, less a $50 processing fee will be refunded for written cancellations received 7 days before the program start date. No refunds for cancellations within 7 days of the program start date. Substitutions are permitted.
Certificate of Attendance
Participants who attend this webinar will receive a Certificate of Attendance. For additional participants from the same company as the main registrant, please use this form.
*All additional participants must be received before the start of the webinar to receive the Certificate.
Instructions to join the Webinar will be sent to the main registrant's email address the day before.
Remember! please log-in at least 15 minutes prior to the webinar commencing to ensure ample time for technical assistance if needed.
This webinar accounts for 1/2 Participation and 2 Education Point toward ICCE accreditation/recertification.
EventList powered by schlu.net